- 1 can enchilada sauce (16 oz.)
- tofu (16 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- round corn tortillas, cut into thin strips (20- 4 in)
- 3 cups Mexican cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- cilantro and black beans for serving
- hot sauce or Sriracha for taste
- salt and black pepper for taste (I like to use garlic salt as a substitute)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Remove excess water from the tofu and place in the pan. Make sure to break it up into small pieces, and enchilada sauce. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- In a greased baking pan (8x10), layer the tortillas, tofu, sauce, and cheese (similar to lasagna). Cover with foil, and then bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and let the cheese brown for about 5-10 minutes.