-1 can of black beans (16oz)
- ½ onion
- ½ bell pepper
- 1tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Drain the black beans and put the beans in a small mixing bowl.
- Mash black beans until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, chop bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, garlic, chili powder, and beans.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and add to the mixture in the food processor.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and add it in a mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs and this should create 4-6 patties, depending on the size.
- In the summer I love to put my patties on the grill, and grill about 10 minutes on each side.
- If you do not want to grill, then place the patties on a baking sheet and place in the oven (400 degrees) for about 10 minutes.
I like to add a few sides with the dish. For example, sweet potato fries and corn are a nice added touch.